Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Spark!

The idea of a blog had been floating in my head for several months now. There were many topics I considered but not too many I was fond of. Until, I had A SPARK! Seeing as how my favorite show, LOST, is soon coming to an end and all other broadcasting is depleting my brain cells, I decided to turn off the TV and pick up more books. So far, I've read about 7 books in the past few months. The idea finally came together after reading The Time Traveler's Wife. I experienced such a range of emotions during the reading with no outlet for expressing them that the idea finally came to fruition: Blog about the books!

To add, I've been wanting to join a book club for years, but I had a couple of issues - time, selection, meetings... Through this blog, I hope not only to share my feelings and experiences with the books but also entice other avid and not-so avid readers into colorful discussion. So, there is the flexibility: discuss any book, anytime, and anywhere. A little disclaimer: By no means do I consider myself a literature expert or critic. The Reading Rug is open to all opinions and all genres.

Now, the name... where did I get that name? The Reading Rug. I must admit I had some trouble coming up with a good name for this blog (at least one that wasn't already taken). So, my husband told me to develop a name that was meaningful to me. Voila! As an elementary teacher, books were given the utmost importance in my classroom and a reading rug was always present even when I only taught math and science. My students were always encouraged to kick off their shoes, sit on the rug, and pick up a book. So, I encourage you to pick up a book and curl up on The Reading Rug.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP