Saturday, August 1, 2009

Home Library

Something I've always dreamed of having in a house is a home library, a place where I can snuggle up on the couch with my dogs and just read. This library would contain all of my favorite works as well as a children's section with all the books I've collected over the years from my classroom that will eventually belong to my own children. My husband and I have been house hunting for a while now and along with picturing friends and family in the kitchen, the dogs running in the yard, and kids in their bedrooms, a home library is something I've always hoped to find a spot for in each potential house.

Something like this would be a dream come true:



Below is a picture of classic built-ins around a window seat. I would also love something like this. I can just picture myself reading by myself or to our future babies in the window seat:



Even these simple bookshelves with a nice, comfy chaise-lounge would create the perfect reading ambience:


Well, for now my books will have to stay hidden in drawers and I will continue to dream of my home library while we search for our perfect, first house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP