Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Roman Holiday

It seems like that trip to Italy is going to be a reality. We are only in the planning stages, but we expect to spend Christmas and New Year's in Italia! Our itinerary consists of 3 days in Venice, 3 days in Florence, 3 days in Rome, and a couple of day trips to Vicenza and Siena if time permits. Unfortunately, we will be purchasing round-trip tickets. Although our time there will be limited, it will surely be unforgettable. I will get to live out all the daydreams I had while reading The Glassblower of Murano (click here for post). This will be my second trip to Italy and the first one for my husband, so the teacher side of me can't wait to be his tour guide. The first time I was there was almost 13 years ago. It was a gift for my quinces (eek! am I aging myself?!). But, I remember every second of it and I look forward to making new memories in La Serenissima, in The City of Lilies, and in The Eternal City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP